Chandragiri is a suburb located 14 km South of Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh. Chandragiri is famous for the historical fort, built in the 11th century, and the Raja Mahal (Palace) within it. In 1646 the fort was annexed to the Golkonda territory and subsequently came under Mysore rule. It went into oblivion from 1792 onward.
The fort encircles eight ruined temples of saivite and vaishnavite pantheons, Raja Mahal, Rani Mahal and other ruined structures.
The Raja Mahal Palace is now an archeological museum. The palace is three storeyed, is an example of Indo-Sarcen architecture of Vijayanagar period. The crowning towers represents the Hindu architectural elements. The palace was constructed using stone, brick, lime mortar and devoid of timber.